Waltham and District Primary Schools Sports Association
(WDPSSA) – Founded 1965
Chairman: Scott Woodhouse
Equality Policy Statement
The Waltham & District Primary Schools Sports Association is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development and provision. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following Sport England definition of sports equity:
- Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- The WDPSSA respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The WDPSSA are committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- The WDPSSA has a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The WDPSSA will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to organisations disciplinary procedures.
Updated and Reviewed: September 2016
The WDPSSA is co-ordinated by: PATHWAYS PLUS