Waltham and District Primary Schools Sports Association
(WDPSSA) – Founded 1965
Chairman: Scott Woodhouse
Code of Conduct for Member Schools
As a member school of the WDPSSA, your players are expected to abide by the following junior players code of conduct:
- Play is for the fun of it, not just to please parents or coaches.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with the referee’s decisions.
- Control your temper.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team, thus your team’s performance will benefit and so will your own.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play, whether by your team or by your opponent.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Don’t interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any players.
- Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Don’t be a show off.
- Co-operate with coaches, team-mates and opponents; without them you don’t have a game.
- One more thing, cherish sport for what it is – FUN! No more, no less.
Original Version: May 2006
Updated and Reviewed: September 2016
The WDPSSA is co-ordinated by: PATHWAYS PLUS